Dynamic Groups with Robin Clayfield




 

As of Monday 20th Feb I started the 'Dynamic Groups' 6 day workshop with Robin Clayfield at Eltham College, as part of my Permaculture Diploma.
This unit is all about community and facilitation, which means I am in my element!
This is more of a little Revision for me, but I will hopefully keep adding things that I recall. 
If you want more detail on these amazing processes you can buy Robin's book 'Teaching Permaculture Creatively' from her directly. This is an amazing resource, and although some of the processes and games may look a little child like, they work so well! I didn't even realize I was learning so much in such a short time. This workshop was incredibly inspirational, and has given me so many tools to work with, and increased my self confidence immensely!

Summery of Games and Proccesses:
Brain Exercises:
*Mind Maps (group input, Brain bubble)
*Visualization (check in, self awareness, relaxation, grounding, meditation)
*Cross Crawling (shoulder shoulder group game, wobbley archer, nose and ears)
*Body Buttons (Massage, Jeff Hodgus book)
*Creative thinking (Card games, storytelling, problem solving, quiz's)


 Check ins:
*One word to describe Mental, Physical Emotional state
*Throw Ball in a circle and say: Name, emotion, goal, etc.
*Pick something from nature to describe your feeling
*Act out your emotion or state
*Exaggerate your emotional state with a facial expression
*Describe yourself as a tree
*Passion page



Relaxation:
*Massage in group
*Breaks
*Visualization
*Stiff leg/muscle game
*Stretch
*Ear and eye massage
*Yoga

 Trust Games:
*Spirit
*Robots
*Knots
*Car-Car
*Rain-Storm

Grouping Processes:
*Numbers, Symbols or something from Nature
*Line up
*3 Noises
*Divide room in half
*Random interests
*Card games

*First persons gaze


Energizers:
*Have you ever?/Are you going to?
*Juggling
*Ear and Eye massage
*Shoulder-Shoulder
*Dance and Movement
*Cross crawling

Revision:
*Notes
*Day, Month year
*Paper-slip timeline
*Ball throw recall
*Walk backwards through day
*Mind Maps
*Visualization

Comments

Popular Posts